ASP Policies & Procedures
Sope Creek ES is pleased to offer an After School Program (ASP) to its enrolled students. We plan to provide a fun, safe environment for your child in the program during the school year. Please read these items carefully.
1) Every child attending the After School Program (ASP) must have a current ASP registration form on file at the school. It is the parents/ guardian’s responsibility to keep all information current.
2) ASP is a PREPAID program. ASP tuition is $7 per day with a non-refundable annual registration fee of $10 per child. Payment must be received prior to attendance. If your account falls, your child may not attend.
3) All Cobb County School District policies in the student handbook apply to ASP and must also be followed. Any discipline issues may be documented and communicated to parents/guardians. After the third documented discipline referrel, the student may be withdrawn from the program.
4) The hours of the program are from the end of the school day to 6:00 p.m. on the days that school is in session. Attendance will be taken 15 minutes after school dismissal. If your child is picked up after that time, the account will be charged for that day.
5) Enclose all ASP payments, cash or checks, in the After School Program payment envelope and drop the payment in the school’s drop box. ASP checks must be made payable to Sope Creek Elementary School. Do not include other school money, such as lunch, PTA or field trips. Change will not be given. Any money over the exact amount will be credited to the student’s ASP account. You can also pay at https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/default.aspx
6) You must request ASP refunds in writing and they must be received by the last week of school.
7) ASP account statements are available by request. Please contact Ginger.McCoy@cobbk12.org
8) If your bank returns a check unpaid, the check will be charged back to your child’s ASP account. If the returned check causes the ASP account to become delinquent, you will have 3 days from the date that you were notified by the school to bring the account current. Failure to pay within this time will result in your child being withdrawn from ASP. If two checks are returned, only cash or money order payments will be accepted for the remainder of the school year.
9) Anytime there is a change in your child’s ASP attendance, written notification is required stating the necessary change.
10) Only people designated on the emergency card will be allowed to pick up your child. This is for the protection of your child. ID will be required. Your child must be signed out at the desk every day. It is the parents' responsibility to keep this information updated and current.
11) A late fee of $1.00 per minute per child will be charged for every minute past 6:00 pm according to the school clock. YOUR CHILD WILL BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE PROGRAM AFTER THE THIRD LATE PICKUP.
12) Homework sessions will be provided Monday -Thursday in Grades 1-5. Each student must have homework or chapter books. All school assignments must be completed before students are allowed free reading time. Any electronic reading devices can be used as long as it as been approved by parents and ASP staff. These devices can only be used during the homework session.
13) Children may bring their own snack from home, as long as it has been approved by ASP.
Our After School Program is available every day (even Early Release Days!) that school is in session from dismissal until 6:00 pm.
Donna Wallace, Director, and her staff provide scheduled times for students to study, play, create, and snack.
There is an annual $10 registration fee and then $7 per day tuition.
Please remember that the only transportation change we can take over the phone is to keep your child in ASP.
Due to the posibility of unexpected events, we request that every child register for ASP.